With 2015 winding down, now is an optimal time to get set up for the upcoming new year. Here are 5 super easy things you can do with minimal investment to create a solid foundation for 2016:
1) Drink more water. To figure out the amount you should be drinking a day, take your body weight and divide by 2. Voila! If you need a reminder, there are some great free apps out there to give you a push in the right direction.
2) Release muscle tension. If you have a tennis ball, golf ball, baseball, lacrosse ball, or softball, then you can give yourself a custom massage in the comfort of your own home or at your desk. Just remember, only hold a sore spot for a max of 10-15 seconds!
3) Take a moment. Breathe. So many ways to relax and flush out the mental tension. You can do a Power Up for 30 seconds, or attack a coloring book, or take timed breaths. When you stop for a brief minute, you find you can go further, longer.
4) Get some sleep. Everyone is busy, but it’s the rest that makes the symphony. In other words, without rest, there is no way to excel because your body cannot keep up. Sleep allows the mind to be more creative and more focused – even in the heaviest workload.
5) Get moving, anywhere. Some people like groups and to share the experience in a gym or class setting. Some people would prefer to do their own thing. Between free apps, trainers, body weight exercises, you can workout for any length of time in any setting – no matter how much space you do or don’t have.
So get out there and own 2016!